Thursday, October 2, 2008

Word of the day - Crap *Edited

It has already been called "crap" and "crap sandwich" (ahh, Rep. Boehner, you are so poetic and helpful always)...what is the official analysis (warning - 5 talking head boxes get going)

If this video doesn't work - then just go here. Here is the deal, even if you are completely sick of this story, you must check out this video. Mainstream news media is now obsessed with a rich guys wallet being found in the woods and the fact that big shock the 22 yr old mother with the missing child is the number 1 suspect!

The media doesn't want to report the problems...OMG, here I am ranting about "vast...conspiracies in the...media..." Help us now.

Some might call it "Lipstick on a Pig" or if perhaps you are just a wee bit cynical and pissed off this morning (and a wee bit crass) you would call it a "reach around" - that's right, I went there, because I am a LIVID...

The general rule of this bill - if you were vocal about opposing the bailout then you were funneled an earmark...oh, except it is an election year so we don't like the word earmark, so they call it a Tax Extender...which is "technically" not an earmark (this in my opinion is just a distinction without a difference depending on how you analyze it)...

Here is the hot pile of crap - I know huge! But, my favorite is that this is the Senate prepared summary sheet - CRAP!

HUGE problems with the Senate bill that was passed last night...and news flash BOTH candidates supported it - McCain says that the first proposal was flawed, but this is the right bill...Obama says that it is not perfect but we must do something now...(when I get the video of their speeches from the floor I will post it) but I know no one cares...

Now, the word is that the Pork in this "crap sandwich" didn't come from the Senate but from previously passed House measures...so this is just heating up, but only if you pay attention...

Here is a brief summary of the crap in the bill

New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill-
Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503) (*$6 million)
6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504) (this is "essentially a $200 million bribe" says my Republican husband)

Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill-
Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308) (*$192 million)
American Samoa (Sec. 309)
Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311
Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
Railroads (Sec. 316)
Auto Racing Tracks (317) (*$128 million)
District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
Wool Research (Sec. 325)

What did we learn yesterday?

Evidently the budding film industry in Puerto Rico, rum industry and race tracks (who desperately need breaks so that they can skyrocket our carbon emissions) were seriously impacted by this financial crisis...they may not have made it...what would we have done...

Oh and we should definitely give tax breaks for the Alaska senator who has been a staunch opponent, until the Exxon a-holes got their tax break for their negligent oil spill...but yeah, drill, baby, drill...so you can spill, baby, spill...and then we will essentially forgive your civil liabilities through tax extenders...

I am officially losing my mind. I promise I will try to be more rationale tomorrow...hopefully, something good will come out of this...I want nothing more than to not blog about politics...but here I sit...enraged and so fundamentally disappointed...

If I calm down and get more forgiving, I will let you know.

In the meantime, I am waiting on my response from the campaigns...

1 comment:

los cazadores said...

Counselor, going through the great history of America, we need to shore up the economy especially when Putin rears his head in the airspace of Alaska, maybe he just wants to kill some moose, but in my estimation Roe versus Wade would have best been dealt with on the state level notwithstanding the fact, of course, that I’ve read all the newspapers they put in front of me even when you take into account that Alaska is not a foreign country, no no, it’s that the bail out helps those concerned about the health care reform, aforementioned reformed simultaneously focused on reigning in spending no doubt.

Problem(s) solved!

Cindy