Thursday, October 9, 2008

(dis)Orientation

In 2 hours, just 2 hours, I have my first official orientation meeting with the adoption agency.

I should feel like this:

But instead I feel like this:




Because work is like this:

and this, this is killing me:



So, I am attempting to summon my inner

Refocus, get to the positive...and be okay...feel more like this



Who are we? Who do we want to be?



"After all there is an element in the readjustment of our financial system more important than currency, more important than gold, and that is the confidence of the people. Confidence and courage are the essentials of success in carrying out our plan. You people must have faith; you must not be stampeded by rumors or guesses. Let us unite in banishing fear. We have provided the machinery to restore our financial system; it is up to you to support and make it work.

It is your problem no less than it is mine. Together we cannot fail."

March 12, 1933, Fireside Chat 1, On the Bank Crisis - Franklin D. Roosevelt

6 comments:

Lost in Space said...

I hope the meeting went great and can't wait to hear all about it. One more step closer to your baby. (:

You have been one busy blogger. (; In the spirit of your wine tasting (Totally Toasted Tuesday, Wino Wednesday) I would like to add Thirsty Thursday and F@cked up Friday. Love it.

Oh, and the disclaimer for the fertility/adoption workshop was one of mine and my DH's favorite parts too. Finally, somewhere we can avoid them all. I may never leave. LOL.

Adoption Cubed said...

I hope the orientation went well!!
Rebecca

Claudia said...

Hope the orientation went well! You and I seem to have the same work situation at the moment, so deepest sympathies. It's so hard to be thinking about two difficult things at once...

-C said...

I hope your orientation went well too. I am still trying to recover from that 'sidewalk to nowhere' video. I am stunned at the level of ignorance these people displayed. Should have been 'brains to nowhere'. Ugh.

C-

los cazadores said...

OHmygosh - you must tell how the orientation went! Very excited for you! I like the way you used pics in this post for relay your feelings, counselor, totally cool...

Cindy

Lori said...

I couldn't watch that whole video. The hate in these people is what gets me, what upsets me so much. These are the kinds of people who steal the signs in the middle of the night, somehow stupidly thinking this is making a point or changing someone's mind? We are a free society. Do they really want to silence voices of dissent? Yet they are the ones who accuse others of being "commie f.." Oh, sad, sad, sad stuff there.

John Lennon was right: all we need is love. Perhaps so.