Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wino Wednesday - Goats do Roam

Goats do Roam 2005
Very good color, okay finish, and pairs nicely with Chevre



I enjoyed this wine on many levels. The finish was a bit rough, but it is still a very good red wine for dinner. At $8.99 I think it is a very good bargain and I will definitely buy it again.



I actually gifted it to a couple of friends that appreciate puns and a good wine.

Now for an attempt at a Broadbent description:


The black night of this red wine is deep, cool and clear as a South African evening sky. The structure of this wine is strong and narrow like a loyal nanny. The finish is uplifting and twists and turns with the youth of a doe.

[Chuckle] - Your turn...

Now another wonderful fact about this vineyard from the Goats do Roam website:


"Africa has a way of bringing the best out of people. With its magnitude and raw beauty, and the intensity of day to day living. Africa draws on one's deepest spiritual resources. Rebecca and Gary Mink moved from the United States to the wilds of the Caprivi in Northern Namibia to care for children orphaned by AIDS. Their immense courage and spirit however, could not fully offset their limited financial resources, and they were soon overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem. An urgent appeal was sent for goats - and immediately a group of young does and bucks from our Goats do Roam herd volunteered. We rushed north to supply our nutritious milk and gentle company."
For a very cute post about the charms of Goats do Roam wines - click here to read A Very Punny Wine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This comment's not about the post so forgive me. I just wanted to say that I hope the training's going well for the 1/2 in Nov. Tell your training partner good luck as well.

Lost in Space said...

This one made me chuckle. (: