Okay, according the the rules I must link to the person that tagged me and post the rules on my blog...[ahem] Caroline upon return from her mystical adventures in Italy has tagged me. Her randomness is well received for this type of game because she truly has a fascinating life...e.g. the study of metallurgy.I am a little unclear how one is to determine what is a "random" fact about oneself. Perhaps it is the multiple glasses of cheap red wine that I have imbibed tonight...but it seems a bit of an oxymoron...so in keeping with the spirit I will make haste slowly to my 7 random facts about myself (which is uniformity in the selection...sorry couldn't help myself)...
In all seriousness, I sincerely thank Caroline because now I feel a part of the "it" clique, a status I never attain in either my physical and virtual form...
- I had to look up metallurgy earlier today...and then frankly, a bit shocked and amazed that Caroline has written a dissertation on the subject...truly, this is amazing and obviously unrelated to the occupation of education administrator which leads me to believe there is a much better story underneath all of this...
- My brother-in-law, Shepard, was actually aware of metallurgy when I was quizzing him just now. He stated it was one of those words that once you learn the meaning of it you never forget it. Also, we agreed it is like one of those words in Spanish where you simply add a -y and you understand the meaning in either language. As it relates to a random fact about me - I was secretly hoping he didn't know the meaning of this word as well.
- I purchased a used treadmill from Craigslist yesterday which was the cherry on a 3 day fight with husband, Alpha, consisting of the following arguments:...treadmills waste electricity, they are largely manufactured in China, it is what's wrong with society, I should just be running outside, I am not being rationale, I should use the gym's electricity, treadmills should be illegal, my carbon footprint is getting larger with every sinful step on the treadmill, road running is better training, and don't be so scared to run alone. My counter argument to all of this was "I feel fat, I get home late and it is too dark in the morning and at night for me to run...if the electricity is so horrible, rig it with solar panels off the grid and leave me alone - by the way, sweetheart could you please run the satellite to the gym...[smiling hopefully seductively because I am aware that this requires additional electricity] oh and the never ending chorus of I feel fat"
- Eva Luna says that the most random fact about me is that I was in FFA in high school at my inner city high school. Yes, that would be Future Farmers of America...it was pretty hard for an idealist vegetarian (at the time) being tested on appropriate slaughtering of animals. As Eva Luna puts it, the fact that I was in FFA becomes substantially more "random" when you know me. You see in order to go to a slightly less violent inner city school I had to apply for an inter district transfer and be able to show that there was a program or class that was unique to the school I was transferring to in order to get it approved. Evidently, "less rapes" was not an acceptable reason for transfer - so I went with FFA.
- As a result of the aforementioned educational institution - I have the ability to throw a number of gang signs. This art was required as a "toll" to get down some of the hallways. If you are wondering, I never used my locker because it was in a horrible part of school, so I damn near gave myself scoliosis carrying all of my books on a daily basis.
- I broke my collar bone snowboarding many moons ago, but didn't say anything because on the same day a friend ruptured his spleen. I was so busy dealing with his spleen injury (because we were the only ones that stayed an extra 2 days after spring break) that I didn't realize it was broke until months later. I just thought my shoulder hurt really bad and that the stress of the situation made it worse. Years later, I have huge problems from time to time with my shoulder because of my crooked collar bone.
- I love reading - but I do not read as much any more because I become unhealthily obsessed with a book (I read constantly - even while driving...I know, I don't want to hear it...). I do enjoy television - right now I look forward to Pushing Daisies (come on, it's like Hitchhiker's Guide but with punchy colors, great sets, great filmography, with a moving neo-comic book feel), Dexter (oddly brought me through some of my most trying fertility times...I know it is odd...it might be the "dark passenger" concept), and Life (mostly because I think Damian Lewis is pretty darn amazing, the stories are not nearly as intriguing or original as they would like to think, but I still like how the series is coming together). Hmmm, I don't think "I like these shows" is very random...so as a bonus,
- When I was little I would pour pickle juice from the jar into a cup, dare my sister to drink it, and tell her it was pee...oh the horrors...
So now my mission is to tag 7 people. Let them know by commenting. Link to the person who tagged you. Send them your bank details, so that you can receive the $1,000,000 owing to you from the estate of a Nigerian oil baron. (I really think that should be the new rule, Caroline. So very funny...)
As such, I now hereby tag with my Internet connection the following: Catherine the Confessor, Speedbump the Impenetrable, Michael Ann the Swift and Gifted, Trishie the Savage, Photographer the Missing (according to his wife - and who I am sure will not do it), Digital the Experiment (because I want to see 7 random things in pictures and keeping Portland weird) and New Flower the Trinity (because I think technically you will need 7 for each blog author, that makes 21 because I count your blogging fur baby).

8 comments:
Gang signs!!! lol! You are quite the interesting read herein, counselor. And good grief, never argue with a female attorney over the desire to own a tread mill...I could have told Alpha that! Bonkers~!
I'm getting back to you on that email you sent me, life has been hectic these past few days...thank you again...!
Cindy
Ha - what a hilarious post! I just about collapsed laughing reading about the treadmill and the gang signs, although I'm guessing neither of them was funny at the time, at all. One thing with treadmills, though, you'd think there'd be a way to make them powered by all the, you know, running! I'm thinking about how happy my husband would be if I said I wanted to run somewhere - yours doesn't know how lucky he is to have a wife who WANTS to exercise!!
Thanks so much for sharing your crazy facts :)
You are a strange and wonderful woman.
Hilarious. I love your list. Frankly, I have been waiting for your list with bated breath. I was going to tag you in my post but I thought you were among those indirectly tagged by Cindy. Sheesh. This tagging thing is complicated.
I will make sure Photographer the Missing (who is missing again) posts his list. I have his password you know- And I am not afraid to use it.
Thanks for the laugh. and sorry for the ramble.
Charlotte
lol @ Charlotte - "this tagging thing is complicated"... :)
I love you peeps.
Cindy
I know that I am new to the whole blogging, myspace, facebook world but I thought I could at least find out how to become a follower of your blog but when I clcked on it nothing happened. Can you help?
Awesome list. I had to look up metallurgy too. I finished that tag just now.
I recently found your blog and the FFA made me come out of lurkdom. I'd say 95% of my high school was in FFA. This was one of many reasons I never had a date in high school and pined away the days to get the hell out of dodge.
Anywho, I'm glad I found your blog.
Post a Comment