Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Women who run LONG

For Ethiodyssey:



Paul Radcliffe is perhaps one of the greatest of all times...and she seems better since her pregnancy...but there was a stress fracture and that impacted her training so there is considerable concern about whether she will be at her top game by race day.

Unfortunately, Mizuki Nagochi (Japan) is out which is very sad because it would have been amazing if the Japanese could have taken another marathon gold.

As for me, I heart Deena Kastor and I think this could be a great race for her. She was 3rd last Olympics...she is training well and has great race smarts...and I like her attitude.

Check out this article for info regarding Team Ethiopia's training for the Olympics.


This is a quote from Gete Wami:


"The marathon is the king of running, and in our country's history, it's Abebe Bikila and Mamo Wolde who brought great honor to the country, and we hope to emulate them."

1 comment:

los cazadores said...

Thank you! I can't wait to watch the women's marathon, I've been anticipating this since Paula made her comeback. Her and Wami's rivalry is so darn electric.

I do like Deena Kastor too.

Did you see Spirit of the Marathon? I did a post on it here:

http://ethiopiatreasurehunt.blogspot.com/2008/02/ethiopian-coffee.html

Cindy