Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Semi-Marathon Training for a Busy Girl


I should have run this weekend...but it was hot and we had company in town and I didn't...yesterday was a scheduled rest day, but I thought I would just do an easy run with my pup, Eleanor.

It was a hard run for Ms. Elly because it was still 100 around 7 when we left, but she made it.

This is our run...



I hope this works because my new plan in order to keep myself motivated for this training scheduling, I figure I will post my runs...no one is allowed to make fun of my speed. Please remember we are still in the throws of unbearable heat out here in the valley.

So this run was hot and poor El trucked on through it...this graph includes our warm-up but not our cool down...

Tonight I need to run Hill Repeats - woo woo! 50 minutes with 5-7 x 2 minute hills

Anyone that wants to join with me - let me know.

I really want to do this race in Fresno because it is the inaugural event for the marathon distance. I get so jealous of those people at different events that "have done every race since it started." I always think "I wasn't even born when this race started" and secretly pout with jealousy.

My fun little game is that I find events that are as old as me and then do the race so that my birthday and the event are the same. It makes for a fun medal collection. (My sister, my best friend (do we have these as adults?) and I did Chicago last year to celebrate their 30th birthday - oh, and that was a horrible marathon, but we did it!)

SO back to the Fresno marathon...a friend suggested I try to train for the marathon distance this month and then if I am up to speed on my training, then do the marathon, if not register for the 1/2...she is very wise...so that is my plan.

Let's see how I do...oh, and like it is not in the back of mind during every run that this is a Boston qualifier...it kills me how slow I am in the summer...it makes training so hard...whine whine whine...

No comments: