- Saturday - t-boned by another cyclist and jacked up my bike (errrrrr....)
- Surprise early birthday present from husband - registered for Luna Tri Festival for Sunday (no bling but great tech shirt)
- Mad dash to find replacement bike for me for event
- Tri on Sunday (last chance to have 33 on my calf) with strange bike
In the meantime, I would like to provide my most recent obsession. I adore Adele and her album, 19...I love running to these songs, particularly Chasing Pavements, Cold Shoulder and Tired (feels like it somewhat hits on many of my thoughts these days - love it because it feels like I can just run out my life to these lyrics - for me I feel like the IF process has been an insane relationship or like I am getting over a bad break-up, so I like it)...
Anyway, I am fairly sure you will enjoy these musical selections. Adele was 19 when she wrote the album and is a whopping 20 now...(can you tell my birthday is tomorrrow)...all the same, I first heard of her when we were visiting in CO and read about her background...checked her out and have since been forcing others to listen to her...
I do love to run to some of these songs...particularly for interval training...and others for warming up or cooling down...I think it works so well for running in part because in her interview for Chasing Pavements she talks about most of her relationship with her ex she was physically running after him...it provides interesting perspective that there are so many things we should run for and to...and others we just need to let go...
Hometown Glory is just beautiful to me, and it reminds me of this sense of wonder we should have as we think about our hometowns, who you are, how you are defined and what to appreciate...when nephew Fish was just a wee little man of 3 we took him on his first float trip and I will never forget after we pushed off and were just getting started he said "Can you believe how beautiful it is here? We have EVERYTHING!"
Hometown Glory (this is an edited version - oh well)
Chasing Pavements
Cold Shoulder
Tired
Live - Make You Feel My Love

4 comments:
hey -- thanks for the comment and the bike advice. I'm adding you to my blogroll also!
Happy early Birthday! I like the music, especially, 'Tired'. I need something like Baba O'Reilly however, if I want to run for more than three minutes.
With a group -- a bunch of my tri girlfriends are doing IMC !
Lovely....am LOVING her music. Thank you, thank you. I'm always looking for new tunes and I so love her stuff. Good stuff for the Ipod indeed.
Recently, I found some new stuff to run to, some Mates of State...I revisted the Doors, and that new Hello Goodbye song is rockin' the hizzie...
Cindy
Post a Comment