Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Still running...

Eleanor and I are still training...and best of all my sis-in-law, N, is running with us now.

Now, I flaked on my run on Saturday (insert a number of excuses one of which was a near hormonal meltdown at Costco because my scrip was missing) but we did go up to the park on Sunday and hiked a bit...oh, and climbed a bit...pictures to come.

Monday we did our easy run...


This morning after our warm-up we knocked out the 3 x 10 minute intervals with 2 minute rest intervals...quite exciting





The running drama for the week has been we somehow picked up a stray on our run and he has been hanging out at our house since yesterday...so now the quest to find him a new home has begun...

In general...I am loving running (even if my foot is acting up a bit)...I should have brought my bike tonight to ride with the group after work but couldn't get everything loaded up quickly...and pretty much feel like I am struggling through every social situation right now (I would like to believe that makes me normal - not emotional - normal)...blah blah blah blah blah...I am completely obsessed with the Olympics and thereby somewhat sleep deprived...such is life...

On the adoption front, I spoke with Debra at Gladney last Friday and I am waiting on an application to fill out.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving those great comments about running. I really and truly am learning to love it, even if it is a love hate relationship. I'm completely off the treadmill and running in the street or on the track. My next 5K is this Saturday! YAY!