Friday, August 22, 2008

News from the front line...

for now things are quiet, without use of poison or any other toxins it appears we are winning...this is very good news...I did scour the kitchen last night before bed and tossed and turned during the night thinking perhaps there would be a counter strike...but nothing...quiet...nothing...I am hopeful.

As for the ride last night, again it was punishment but I loved it. I flat hit a wall and was thankful that my cycle diva friend was with me and I was able to tuck in behind her and get my speed back. However, after she pulled out the last mile to head back to her house...I was completely dropped and limped my bike back to the car. I know that my real problem here is that I am running on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so my legs are not fresh. Everyone else is doing their first workout for the day and this is my 2nd. The prideful side of me wants to rearrange my morning run schedule so that I am ready to really attack the ride. But this would mean changing my run schedule with Eva Luna and this is her first 1/2 marathon and I don't want to deviate from a proven successful plan with adequate recovery for her first big training. So the other side of me says keep it the same, know that you really push on Tuesdays and Thursdays and just take your endurance licks from this group...be happy in the back and when you do well know that you really did well...and if I fall off a bit, take it, push through and know it is your 2nd session for the day...

The best part is that Wednesdays and Thursdays are rest days on this training session with Eva Luna so instead of getting up and doing yoga which I really should do, I have just been sleeping in till 6:15 or so...and that is nice. Hmmm....sounds like I am just going to stick with this schedule until the days get too short.

Tomorrow we are hosting a TNT (Team in Training) ride and barbecue at our property. This season there are 2 groups: One training for Pacific Grove Tri; and, the other for the Nations Tri. I am so sad that I am not doing either of these events this year. IronGrandma, my tri mentor, is doing the Nations Tri this year...I was going to do it, but then you had to register super early and I was fairly convinced that if I didn't register and remained more "positive" and not "distracted" I would be pregnant and then it would end up being just a big waste of money because I wouldn't be able to do the event...unfortunately, that is the big monster bummer this fall for me...everyone else is gearing up for events and I am...uh, not...
I didn't register for anything because some nameless stranger person made some flippant remark about how my problem was that I assumed failure and I wasn't positive and that I was somehow with my negative thoughts killing the pregnancy possibilities...why do I even listen or react to these statements - I'll tell you why because you are on so many ridiculous hormones and drugs and you are so stressed out that every single little thing impacts you and when you are not getting pregnant you have this horrible feeling that is ultimately somehow exclusively your fault (or at least that is me)...anyway, better days ahead...


So I must swing by the store and pick up supplies for tomorrow (beer, beer, beer, tequila, tequila, chalk paint oh and tequila and beer - you know you want to come) run home mark a course, clean the house, pick up the outside bar, and get everything ready...hopefully the yards are mowed otherwise my tired self will be doing that tonight...oh the madness of it all...like I don't love and adore it!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I have met those same nameless strangers.They are the same ones who say,"Just relax".They suck. I am hoping for better days for you too.

triguyjt said...

ahh screw what everyone says....just hammer it all the time...the heck with it.

good luck

los cazadores said...

You should have given that nameless stranger what someone over on the Mom contest termed her friend "Meedle Feenger".

Got lime and salt for that tequila?

I'm on my way over....

Cindy

Confessions said...

Oh irony, or is it just life sucking? I never understood people who quit their jobs because they were going to "start trying." I don't get it. Are they going to "try" 8 hours a day instead of going to work?