Monday, August 18, 2008

What an amazing weekend!

First of all we had my lovely mystical, magical nieces (along with their amazing parents) visiting this weekend which was wonderful. The women's marathon was intense and bizarre with injuries all over the place. Then there was the amazing Masta Phelps swimming into Olympic history, followed by wonder woman Dara Torres. Our neighbors threw a dinner and we were able to check out their new "dog house" (they host parties and events on their property, in the past everyone must bring in porto-potties but now they are building restrooms and a guest house). We had a great ride, a great run and a great brunch this weekend. All pretty good.

Eva Luna and I did our long run this weekend and our easy run this morning...so training progresses.

I would provide proof of run except for I apparently have some evil electromagnet field around me that is causing all things electronic to collapse, fritz and lose information. I am really taking a risk by sitting down at the computer...this post will more than likely also be lost in some digital abyss as well...so, my memory card in the camera fruited out and I lost all of the pictures from this weekend when I tried to transfer them to the computer...and the new sensor I picked up for my runs this weekend (because Nike is donating $ per mile and I have to give) just flipped out and wiped out all of my running history and runs from the weekend. Argh!

Oh well...life goes on...undocumented and unverifiable by electronic gadgets...but goes on...

1 comment:

los cazadores said...

Geez, tell me about it. I was certain she was going to peter out. It was shock and awe Romanian style. (And honestly, a bit anti-climactic for me as there was no real contention for gold...nevertheless, she did awesome and I did enjoy it.)

Can I borrow the word "fritz" from you? :)

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Cindy