Saturday, September 20, 2008

Treadmill Desk

Here I have been bringing in a ball to sit on at the office. It is quite comical I feel like a Mr. Rogers...I come into work, take off the jacket, put on a sweater, wheel my leather chair out of the way, and roll up the exercise ball...

But what I wouldn't do for the Treadmill Desk. I have found that because I am sitting, just sitting for 42-62% of my day (shocking amount of sitting), I feel like my hips and butt seem to get wider and wider...so after reading this article I am now obsessively trying to figure out if I can swing it in the office.

Maybe at least I could figure out a way to rig it at home. I could be at home checking out overstock, blogs, reading articles, researching and EXERCISING - how exciting would that be. In the winter when I am treadmill bound I will take reading to the treadmill, but I always found it difficult. Frankly, it never occurred to me to walk.

These are very nice - but too expensive...

A how-to design and build your own treadmill desk...

Here are some videos about it:


Okay the music is killing me on this one but it has testimonials:


My favorite, is the testimonial where the attorney says that after walking all day at work she can go home and have a glass of wine, she doesn't have to go to the gym...amen to that sister!

1 comment:

Lost in Space said...

This is great although I think I am too uncoordinated to pull it off. Concentrate, type, talk on the phone, take notes, and walk. I would look like a jackass stunt where I am shot off the back end into the wall. LOL.