Friday, January 30, 2009

On Your Return

With great joy, I came home from work this week to find this guy (sans wife) at my house. They are back from a year in Chile:

I know they are stinking cute...so they have been away from us in a different land...having all sorts of adventures...

they have been enjoying views like this...

enjoying strolls down streets like this...

They climbed volcanoes...

That they had to figure out how to come down...

Let's just say it was a bit of a slide...

They enjoyed the surf...

They visited vineyards and sampled the local syrah...

and rendezvoused with the wildlife...

so cheeky...


I am so glad that they are back...
although we are not Chile...
we have our own amusing things to do here...
we can go fly fishing which you both enjoy...

We get to gather everyone together and go rock climbing...

you both love heights...


we camp, and camp, and camp, and camp some more...
You can come over for parties...

you can hang out in the backyard and drink beer with us...

you get to play Drunk Pinata with us...and who doesn't love that...

ah...smiles and blindfolds...good times...
now that you are back you can help us figure out where to plant the new vines...
and get back to crushing and blending...

because on your return...
we decided our goal was 300 bottles...

oh, and Speedbump and Confessions...why are you still so far away...
aren't you ready to come home now...

10 comments:

Speedbump said...

ummm....Yes. But you have to promise to do something about the air quality.

filoli said...

funny...I just shot off a letter talking about how air districts have positions that are not funded..and they should use stimulus or tarp funds for the districts...

but really the air makes your lungs stronger...how else do explain your lungs ability to survive being crushed...there was enough pollution in there to insulate you...

Confessions said...

Let's just all move to Chile!

PressthePeople said...

Now I want to move out there and be your neighbor too. Can't believe I am missing out on drunk Pinata and vine planting and drinking. Glad you have your friends back in town. Good friends should always be close by and not in friggin' Chile.

Chalrotte

los cazadores said...

Was that pollution in CA? We were told it was fog!!! Argh! Ack, my lungs are suddenly collapsing...I...err...werk....#&(&@....

Your friends are gorgeous, btw. I guess CA really does have a lot of gorgeous people (if not air).

Cindy

Claudia said...

oh wow! Can I move to chile, please??

Lost in Space said...

Hmmmm.... Chile looks great, but can you really beat drunk pinata with friends? LOL. Glad your friends are home. Enjoy........

los cazadores said...

Charlotte??...(still stalking her...)

Anyway, did you notice that 'Goats do Roam' on Baleful Regards too???

Hmmm... interesting...

Cindy

Blog Shmog said...

Cute friends! Is that a picture of you down there Filoli? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you.

I was going to ask you a question. When I was in Uganda I was staying at this Ugandan woman's house for a week and she served me this creamy liquer every day. It sort of reminded me of Bailey's only better. It was African but I can't remember if it was Ugandan or Kenyan. Do you know this drink? The label has a picture of an Elephant on it. I've been on the hunt for it for about 6 years now. :)

los cazadores said...

Ah, but you see, my dear, the archive feature has been long gone and that is by design. :)

Is there a particular post you're looking for?

Cindy