Monday, January 5, 2009

What does that mean?

Update on foot - somewhat better, but feel like something is wrong with it...I now have pain in the oddest places up and down my chin and in my foot...so whatever "popped" in my achilles has somehow affected other structural elements...now it just aches and feels loose...I am debating on whether to actually go in and see my foot doctor...in the meantime thank you for the well wishes...

Now continuing pain may be because Saturday while I was sitting around icing and elevating my foot Alpha insistently requested my company running errands on Saturday. So, I hobbled slowly in and out of stores. Slowly pushing my cart around using it as a bookstand while reading my new book. When an opportunity presented itself - I sat down.

On Alpha's agenda for Saturday was to locate a bladder for him to use to drink water out of because plastic is just too horrible. Yes, that is right he is looking for an animal bladder...like they used in the old days, before plastics and steel...he wants a bladder. I understand his aversion to plastic and I know him well enough to know that there is NO talking him into being comfortable with plastic - but an animal bladder - this is not so good.

I tried to describe to him how odd he would look walking around with an animal bladder across his chest. This plan backfired because then he started to like the idea even more.

So we went to one of those hunting extravaganza places for him to scout out and see if he could find a bladder...[eyes rolling]

While there I found the following prizes:

I guess sometimes when you are on a boat you may need to blend in...but not too much so you would need these...

and of course this requires a matching top, because nothing confuses nature more than floating arms waving mysteriously through the air...
I have quite the passion for camo myself...I own camo in different colors on different tops and bottoms and enjoy it very much, but even I think this is just a bit too much...if you actually own these products, I apologize, I am sure you look stunning in it...and you can better explain to me the charm...I just don't see anything good about my pasty white appendages dangling out from a camo tankini with a hot pink ribbon around my hips....but it could just be me...it always good to know your own fashion limitations...

Given the amount of unsolicited credit card and refinancing offers that inundate your mailbox, perhaps it would be appropriate to keep such bait in this mailbox...

ummmm....good....mail...good...

Sunday I was back to elevating, icing and heating...

So this morning I woke up from the oddest dream...

I was in a house that I think might have been my house, then I was jogging on this trail with a dream friend. I say dream friend because I don't know this person and yet I have had running dreams with her before...don't know her...we were on a run and I was talking to her about other trails we could do...and then I somehow jump back to my house and the vines are freezing...

My question for those that do dream analysis - What does that mean?

If it means that I am emotionally unstable, my foot is about to fall off, or I have mother issues - never mind - if it is insightful and constructive then let me know...

8 comments:

los cazadores said...

The tankini is a bit much, especially considering it seems like something Sarah Palin might wear whilst dressing a freshly mowed down moose or while decapitating a turkey. But, my would she look cute!

If only we could get that Sarah Palin to drink out of a bladder, hmmmmm....

Cindy

los cazadores said...

Oh and just in case you were about to suggest I run a marathon in that tankini, fanks but no fanks.

:)

Cindy

(i had to!)

Julie said...

I am going to have to think about that dream. Very interesting...other trails. Is the dream friend another Filoli? A different side of her?
I have to,now go, and try to erase those horrible hunting store images from my brain.
Tell Alpha to get himself a ceramic jug with a cork. We can't have him running around our state looking like Davy Crockett. We can't.

filoli said...

Genius! Ceramic is the answer...I have been working on stainless steel to no avail...but ceramic I can probably swing...now I just have to find one!

-C said...

Don't you know that ALL the dreams we have are related to mother issues?

Also, I think you should tell hubby that if he buys this bladder- you will buy the tankini and wear it around the house. ,

hmmm, on second thought- he might actually see that as a reward, men are weird that way.

Charlotte

Lost in Space said...

OMG, this is classic. Can I ask where he came up with the bladder idea? Not something that would have crossed my mind. (-;

There are just some things (most things) that should not come in camo. I grew up in a part of the Midwest where hunting is the norm and can't think of one person I know that would wear those! LOL.

I suck at dream analysis. I remember something about recurring dreams or people or themes........it is thought to be the inner self trying to communicate to the outer self and it will keep repeating until you are finally aware of what it is and make a change to fix it. Pretty lame attempt so I'll just blame my mother.

Claudia said...

So when people see the ghost of an ancestor, with a disembodied head.... actually that ancestor is just wearing a camo tankini. This is VERY USEFUL information - tanks!

Confessions said...

I know! I know! the dream friend is me! The dream is telling you to come out to Colorado again and run with me because I desperately need a running partner. And the vines are freezing because you are in Colorado!!!! Yes! I love when I get something right.