One of my most favorite things about the summer is enjoying So You Think You Can Dance. I just adore this reality show. I know, I know...and if you hate it, keep it to yourself. I fell for it Season 1 with Blake...remember him? (I know his audition piece was a bit of an odd intersection between contemporary and cheerleader...but there was something captivating.) Since then I start to get a bit anxious and restless the end of every May whining, "when will it staaaaaart?"
These are the simple things that lighten a working girls day.
Here is the deal - for those that also watch the show, I have a question?
What, I mean WHAT is the deal with the infatuation with Kayla?
She is driving me crazy! Every single week she finishes and they oooooh and awe, and I think "please, shhhh...shhhhhhhh, shhhhhhh, shh."
So anyway - frankly, I can take her or leave her and I am not voting for her. Yes, that is right - I vote. Let's not mock. My point is this I would be totally happy with the following 5 girls for the tour:
Melissa - who is statuesque, she looks as though the gods carved her from ivory then delicately blew breath into her...
Karla - who I am starting to think is freakishly smart not just as a dancer but as a person
Caitlin - a little to lilty for my taste, but she is strong and can create amazing lines with her ability to contort and flip herself upside down and such...it is amusing
Janette - because I love that Miami flavor and it gives you a ballroom dancer for the tour
and, Randi - because she is so damn cute and who else could Evan really dance with and I love him for the tour as well...
So, "jidges" that is my recommendation - if America puts Kayla down in the bottom this week, and next week and next week, we are telling you we could take her or leave her.
If you love her, then please let me know WHY? But I say, Melissa and Karla are musts to make it to the top 10...others we can negotiate.
Oh, and speaking of obsessions, how exactly does one get access to the SYTYCD Canada and Australia seasons...;)....seriously? I am out of control!
*and for you real dancers out there who think this whole thing is ridiculous...I say, "we are just having a bit of fun here...please excuse."
Friday Funny 2441: Parenting Funnies
1 year ago

8 comments:
You are crazy my friend... CRAZY.
Although I did get totally hooked on project runway, so I don't exactly have the moral high ground here.
You crack me up, I'm still waiting for American Idol to come back on - new season, please!
And Not So Civil Procedure....lol, oh man. How about Never Civil Procedure. If It's Civil, It's Not a Lawsuit Procedure.
he he
Cindy
Not to mention I am still reeling over Jon & Kate splitting up. Eight sans Jon & Kate. That is so sad, man. More depressing than an Okie Dokie Cabernet. (which is really depressing trust me, don't try it...)
Cindy
There are people who do not like SYTYCD?
There are?
Who are those people?
I am totally obsessed with this show! I try to get Quinn completely in bed - on his way to dreamland before the start of it. I justify it by saying it's good for him (it is - he doesn't get enough sleep - but I'm much better at making this happen when SYTYCD is on.)
I don't know their names. Yikes - is that bad? I didn't love this weeks show and it will be interesting to see who goes.
I love reality TV. I mean if they come up with some good sitcoms then I'll watch - and i'm not into drama because quite frankly i have enough in my real life - but to watch someone who might end up being an accountant have their moment in the sun - how can that be bad?
I also like Idol - but only certain seasons.
I also got Y hooked and now we watch TV together! Wow - now that's novel.
Americas Next Top Model, SYTCD, Top Chef, you name it, it's on the "history" of our computer. Thank god for YouTube.
random: i just finished reading "eva luna." great book. made me think of you and yours. now i've started the book "the stories of eva luna." so far, so good.
also- yes, move out here. we'll ride bikes together and hike together and go on all kinds of crazy adventures. so.much.fun.
Hey, girl. You are too funny. I go off and take a break and come back to find this post. LOL. Don't hate me, but I don't really know the show. (listening closely for your gasp).
Sorry things didn't work out this time around. I hope you will be back in my neck of the woods soon so we can drink a couple glasses (or bottles) of wine.
Hope your weekend away was just what you needed!!
I had a similar relationship with Project Runway while I was living in DC for a few months last year (and thus had cable TV). I love that there are people who are willing to put themselves out there creatively -- all the world is drawn to that. So, you're not crazy! You're very energetic, though, aren't you.
Post a Comment