Monday, June 29, 2009

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

A quick how-to "leave your hair before your hair leaves you."

First invite a bunch of people over, particularly those from your neighboring commune.

Take responsibility for having the main dishes: chicken, bean burgers, zucchini and eggplant.

Have others bring salads and sides.



Set everything up outside for easy clean up...



Stock the bar (always a critical step).



Come up with a new fresh peach, crushed mint, rum delight for the event.




Finish dinner and then start the show.


Pause at the mohawk because how often in one's professional life do you get to sport a mohawk.



Then get back to it...

and voila!

You have a new look...




Then you shave that crazy toddler that wouldn't leave his mom, Eva Luna, alone...

Now he too is sporting a new look - the summer mohawk for the curious george.

(Once I get my memory card with the pictures I will update. Right now, this is all just courtesy of the camera phone...)

5 comments:

los cazadores said...

You are an amazing group of people and Eva Luna - she looks beautiful sans hair. Beautiful.

Cindy

Tim said...

This post is so full of love and joy and hope and humor. I don't know how your friends and family do it. Adopt me!

kn said...

This made me cry. Here on the train on the way home. It's beautiful, and sad, and full of love and the joy of knowing each other and friendship.

Life lived well. Ya know? Eva Luna is lovely.

Lost in Space said...

So much love, beauty, and emotion in those pictures. Your sense of family and friendship is so strong and powerful. Eva Luna is lucky to have you on her team.

Claudia said...

I am so moved by how even such a difficult event looks... can I say this... fun! What a wonderful party.

(Oh, and that cocktail looks FABULOUS! Can I have some??)