
Frankly, not always my style to take such a view. But today - it is half full.
Perhaps, I am still over-the-top mad happy about all of the good and positive news that appears to be whirling through the universe lately. So when I received the call yesterday that we will have to start our home study over again because our social worker assigned to us has left the agency and the new social worker feels like the process needs to start over from. the. beginning.
From the very beginning - office interview beginning,
I was not ecstatic.
Here we have been living in an A.D. era and we are being sent to B.C. times again with square wheel efficiency and speed.
By some miracle I do not feel like some burdened victim who has unfortunately landed on the wrong square and been shuttled to the start of the game with a $200 penalty.
I have no idea why I am not upset.
(Maybe I should be upset that I am not upset.)
No.
It is what it is.
In the meantime, I repeat "half full."

* To the individual who anonymously sent me an email to "QUIT" in response to this post, I would appreciate an explanation. Perhaps, something a bit more substantive and responsive so that I might better understand your position and advice for me. Obviously, you are blessed with a unique insight and/or perspective about me and this process and I welcome the criticism.
As someone who values introspection and the opportunities to improve my character and decision making, I am interested in your opinion. However, I find "QUIT" woefully inadequate and disturbingly superficial for me to comprehensively respond to your presumably well-intended advice.
That said, regardless of whether my husband and I elect to "QUIT" or continue through the endless and frustrating bureaucratic fost-adopt process or another adoption process the glass is still. fucking. half. full.
half. full.
half.
full.
half full

9 comments:
blech. I can't believe this. I too have been in a 1/2 full mood lately (maybe that's just cause I've already partaken in the first 1/2 of the glass of vino). I'm choosing to believe these delays are simply cause our child/ren aren't ready to come home yet and therefore the universe has to come up with something to stall us. Refill please!
Oh, hey, I found you! That wasn't hard. I'll be back!
Hmph. Well, back to the stone age is.....well, I won't be negative if you are going with the whole half full thing. Good for you. I hope it can be expedited or something.
Christine
Who emails "QUIT"? The glass is fucking half full if you choose to see it that way, my dear friend. I am sorry you have to start over from the beginning, but you have the very spirit required to see anything through, anything. Thinking of you. (Yes, I'm the one commenting on a Friday night... he he. 10 years ago I would have been out and about and railing and today, well, how things change...)
A Change is Gonna Come.
Cindy
Quit writing anonymous e-mails to my friend! If you have some advice, say who you are, and where you are coming from. Geez, this crap is hard enough as it is.
Filoli, we love you and are always here for you. Half full my friend.
I'm running into the city so can't respond with an appropriate length.
But we are in the same spot - starting over
never quit! it took us many years to have Quinn and many years to bring home our second. it was/is all for the good.
keep wonderful people around you and let the dead weight people fall off.
Definitely half full. Delete anyone who says "QUIT"; they are seeing the glass all wrong.
I am impressed by you. Here's to always keeping your glass full.
The 'quit' person needs to be banned from the Internets.
If you are anything like me, I'd wager the person who said "Quit" did you a favor and made you mad enough to keep the half full feeling going.
As much as it sucks going back to the beginning, maybe in the end it will all work out better for having started over.
See, I can see half full glasses too!
Post a Comment