Are you looking for a fun group activity where different generations can get together, hang out, enjoy Christmas festivities and make fun holiday gifts?
Then look no further...and welcome to our Yule Log Extravaganza...
You will need the gather up the following ingredients:
Wood

Acorns
Buckeyes
Greenery, Berries and Such

Glue Gun
(Also Nails and Staple Gun - if you are confident)
Glitter, Snow and Clear Spray
(Optional - you can go without)
Ribbon

Ahem...
(what are we barbarians)
Sharp Things for Cutting
A Good Work Area
Then, Craft Wizards, you do the following:
Nail in the nail to the area that you want to center the bow
Apply greenery
You can wire to the nail or just hot glue it.

Find nephew entertaining himself...
(please he was safe and supervised the entire time)

Hot glue on your focal points


Make your Bow and wire it to the nail...
if your nail sticks up too high then shove a buckeye on it...
and ta-da!


After you have the bow on, you can elect to spray your glitter, glaze or snow...

Hang out and make a bunch to give as gifts...
(I opt to make smaller ones - desk size if you will)

Print up your Yule Log explanation sheets on fake parchment...
Roll them up and hand them with your logs or slip into one of the loops on your bow...
Load up the car and deliver the merriment...
9 comments:
That is beyond cool! I am extremely impressed.
I am thanking you now...what a great gift idea! Very festive!!
Rebecca
I am impressed !
Those look amazing! What a great idea. Great shots of the little one. Too cute. Glad you guys are enjoying the holidays.
Filoli,
You are very crafty, girl... very festive!
Cindy
Wow!! Those are really great!! Thanks for going through all the steps too. I always see these kinds of things and think I can't do them, but you made this look like something I could do. (-;
Happy Holidays!!
Those are VERY cool!
Wow- besides having perfect teeth and being a disciplined runner, you are a Martha Stewarty type too! Very cool. What was the Kahlua for again?
Charlotte
Lol -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxBl9BXLom4
Cindy
Post a Comment