I decided to pick December to start the Around the World AB routine...for fun and holiday spirit. Plus, I know that if I want better abs (gift to me) and a much stronger core I need to dedicate some time. So, I pulled the routine and printed it off to tackle last night...I looked it over and knew it would be challenging, but I thought I could get through it. I was most frightened of the section where you do a total of 150 push ups, but I thought I would do what I could in that section...the beginner intervals are 10 sets of 15 reps, intermediate 15 sets of 15 reps, advanced 20-25 sets of 15 reps, elite 25-35 sets of 15 reps...I thought - mistakenly - that I could probably do the intermediate routine, but I would start with the beginner intervals to just get going...so here is the work out:
Around the World ABs
- Standard Crunch
- Knee-up Crunch
- Hip Lifts
- Oblique Crunch (1 side)
- Side Plank Dips (1 side)
- Oblique Leg Extensions (1 side)
- Supermans
- Bridged Leg Lifts
- Push ups
- Oblique Crunch (other side)
- Side Plank Dips (other side)
- Oblique Leg Extensions (other side)
- Heel Touches
- Bicycle Crunches
- Half Up Twists
Yeah...so here is what happened. I pulled the coffee table away and hit the throw rug to get going. I was going pretty good through #4. But when I started #5, Side Plank Dips, I was CRAZY shaky. So I adjusted and decided I would change it up and alternate sides between the sets. That way if I lost all ability to do 11 and 12 - I would still be okay...
By the end of my Supermans (#7), 1,050 repetitions into this workout I thought I still felt pretty good. I was going slow, but that is okay...Time for #8, Bridged Leg Lifts...although when I was face down on the throw rug gasping for air - and sniffing...
I did become very suspicious of these guys...


I only made it through 2 sets of Bridged Leg Lifts before I just stopped. Alpha came home and I had no more desire to suffer through the workout. Particularly because I knew he was really going to give me crap about my push up form and that would be #9. What can I say - push ups are hard!
So tonight my plan is to warm up with a standard crunches and then pick up at #8 and finish this routine...no matter how embarrassing that the stupid thing took me 2 days...then I am cracking into a bottle of wine for tonight's tasting...yeah!

7 comments:
My abs need MAJOR work. Maybe I should try this. :)
Seriously, you are Super Woman! Commanding r-e-s-p-e-c-t!
You know what, I left have my heart there with little Leonard. He just swept me off my feet and I have not stopped haranguing Craig since about how I want a little Leonard all of my own!!
Cindy
Can I just skip all of this exercising part and move right on to the WINE?
Wow, I think it's incredible that you are able to do ANY of that work out. You are amazing!
Yeah, I second Julie!! I feel tired just reading that workout programme! And pushup TECHNIQUE?? If I manage to get myself off the floor, I'm cheering. You are a woman of iron!!
By the way - I just read your comment on my post about pregnancy, which made me crack up!! What you typed is EXACTLY what I mean - and it's all very well for husband to be calm, you know? Nobody is (as you say) complaining to him about how AWFUL it is, and how LUCKY you are... grrrrr!!!!!
I say, tell alpha to shut his pie hole. When was the last time that slacker worked out? Tell him I said that.
Cheers!
Post a Comment