We had this...
which was amazing...and then a number of beautiful and thoughtful posts and comments.
This is breaking my heart...
If you don't know what is going on, here is a quick recap...

It is so funny to me that for a long time these sort of events would depress me and my evil green monster of insecurity and poor-me would rage. Today, I feel like my old self. I feel genuinely and completely happy for the new parents. This is odd to me because I do not feel at all settled or secure about our adoption plan and periodically indulge in thoughts that a social worker will give us a big "no" on adopting...but I feel pretty darn good and at peace. I really hope this lasts...
I have a 1/2 Marathon this weekend and my sister and sister-in-law will be running it with me. My plan is to stay together no matter how long we are out there since it is Eva Luna's first big long distance. Wino Wednesday for this week is delayed till next week. I promise to work on it this weekend.
My only assignment prior to Wino Wednesday is to clean the house since apparently my house is not able to clean itself. So I should probably tackle that monster in the morning.

6 comments:
Heh, I've been parenting for six months now and I still question my abilities. I don't know if that will ever go away.
We did not do the fertility route but during the wait (started on the slow boat to China in 04/06) I had more than enough of poor-me rage. I hope your peace remains with you.
Happy running. Glad you are feeling peaceful.
I'm excited for your 1/2 marathon and wish I was out there to do it w/ you. Some day soon I'm hoping to be healed up so I can get out there a run w/ you. We're also finishing the move into the place next door. I'm looking forward to not having to move again for a while.
The guys Pampers party is a cute idea although I can see how this has been so hard for you in the past. Hugs.
I'm glad you are finding more people out there to talk to about adoption. Maybe without the "sex" stigma that IF treatments carry, people are just more open to discussing. Whatever the case, I'm happy to hear it.
Good luck with the marathon! Hope you have a great time. (:
Yay for the run - hope it keeps you upbeat!
Cindy
glad you're running!
I so want to watch that commercial you link to after talking about feelings of inadequacy. Cos I feel like that all the time, at the moment, and for some reason I can't get any videos to play on my computer! I'm going to have to fix that.
Hope the work lets up a bit - I'm in a work-induced busyness coma at the moment too - it's hard. Here's to a bit of a break!
Post a Comment